November 9, 2011

Adelaide

About a week ago mum called me and told me that my dads mum, my nana, had passed away. She died very peacefully in the hospital with my dad and his brother Geoff by her side. She was too proud, stubborn and selfless to get to the age where she would be dependant on other people all the time, so I think the fact that she passed away so peacefully says that she was ready. She was 93 after all, and has lead an extraordinary life. Imagine the massive changes that she would have witnessed over those 93 years! It's crazy to think what that would have been like.
So, the last 5 days I've been in Adelaide with the family, celebrating her life with the family. It was really hot and sunny the entire time we were there, which was perfect because we are usually there to have christmas with her and it just felt like those times a bit. 
I took some photos of the garden at her friend Margo's house and also at a Brooks family house in the hills, I just wanted to capture the feeling of being in the balmy suburbs with the fam fam. 



Classic bangers with a twist. Watermelon and fetta salad, so good. 

 A Rosemary Rose. 



 Amaaaaazing orange cake (with tonnes of cream, mah bad)


Ted indulging in some man time amongst the flowers. 

Bits of Buckland.




Margo's





No comments: